Vaccine and Pre-cruise Testing Updates, as of November 13, 2022
In keeping in line with the rest of the travel industry, we have removed all vaccine and testing requirements beginning 10/30/22 on Valiant Lady and 10/28/22 on Scarlet Lady.
Before the voyage: If you test positive for COVID, or were exposed to COVID within 10 days of departure, Virgin Voyages will allow you to change your voyage date, or provide a full future voyage credit to use toward a booking at a later time.
You’re fun and young at heart – and don’t want to cruise with kids?
Then Virgin Voyages – Richard Branson’s Relaxed Lux cruise line – is the one for you.
It is the first of its kind.
Normally, the only cruise lines’ which were kids free were kids free only because they were super expensive and populated almost exclusively by those aged 70 and beyond.
Where does Virgin Voyages cruise to?
Right now it’s only the Caribbean.
Here’s a link to all Virgin sailings, ordered from least expensive to most.
And they only have TWO ships: Scarlet Lady and Valiant Lady.
But a 3rd – Resilient Lady – is on the way in late 2022, and then they will add in Mediterranean destinations.
How much do Virgin Voyages cruises cost, compared to other cruise lines?
Virgin Voyages is definitely more expensive than similar cruises on Carnival, Royal, Norwegian and MSC.
But its price point is still way below the luxury lines, so it occupies an interesting niche.
“I’m not going only for the younger crowd” says Mr. Branson. “I think there are older folks like me who are looking for something fun and cool.”
Can you get a military or veteran discount on a Virgin Voyages cruise?
Yes, every single one. Always. And Forever. Ha.
Seriously, we just take their lowest rate and discount it by about 5%. It’s that simple. So that usually means your military discount will be $100 to $500 off the Virgin’s lowest rate.
And if they have a special promotion or discount, you get our discount IN ADDITION to that.
The only thing that changes when you book with us, is you pay less.
What’s included on a Virgin Voyages cruise?
Wifi and Gratuities are included, and the food and drinks are top-notch, so there’s still good value there.
There are no big buffets or dining halls. Rather, about 20 smaller eateries that feel like chic restaurants.
They do have a 24/7 diner that serves up all the types of late-night food you’ll need – during your late nights. 🙂
Also included are a wide variety of exercise classes: yoga, high-intensity intervals, boxing – anything that’s the latest rage will be on these ships.
What are the cabins like? High-tech, Boutique glamour…
Regular cabin amenities include:
– Roomy Rainshowers
– Mood lighting
– Clever cabin control
– 43″+ 4K flat-screen HDTV with Bluetooth connectivity for mobile phones
– In-room mini-bar with ice bucket, bottle opener, and glassware
– Bathroom necessities such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash and hand wash
– In-room safe (fits 17″ laptop)
– At least 4 North American (110v) and 1 European (220v) power outlet, plus 6 USB ports
– Open wardrobe space
Virgin Promises VIP service for Rockstar Suites. What’s included with that?
Rockstar Suites also include this:
– Suites by world-renowned designer Tom Dixon of the Design Research Studio.
– RockStar Services Crew support to accommodate any special requests before and during your voyage
– Early access to bookable experiences on shore and at sea
– Select beverages on us
– Exclusive access to everything on board – even behind-the-scenes doors
– Membership to Richard’s Rooftop, an exclusive sun deck for RockStar Quarters Sailors
Of course, there’s a record player and a fully stocked bar. And a champagne table on the huge terrace.
It’s OK sweety, you’re in the 99% percentile if you’re left blinking and thinking, “Pardon me for being so backwater, but … what makes it a ‘champagne table?”
Small round table with an ice bucket in the center. (I had to google it and I’ve been around the luxury block.)
Campagne gives even GOD a raging headache…so why bother.
What is Virgin’s deposit requirement, and change and cancellation policy?
The deposit is 20% of the cruise fare and is due at the time of booking. Full payment is due 120 days prior to departure.
You can get a free 24-hour hold as long as the cruise is more than 45 days out.
Changes can be made up to 45 days prior to sailing, as long as it’s CHANGED to a cruise departing within 1 year.
– You have the most flexibility outside of 120 days prior to your voyage. If you’re booking at this time, you have a 7-day grace period to request a full refund on your deposit and any other payments made. Refunds will be issued to your original form of payment.
– After the grace period (but still before the 120-day mark), you can receive a full refund on any payments, not including your deposit. For your deposit, you will receive Future Voyage Credit at this time.
– Between 119 and 45 days, any funds paid will be converted to Future Voyage Credit, good to use on any voyage 1 year from the original voyage start date. Sweet deal, huh?
– Within 44 days of your voyage, all funds paid are final. But you do have the option to send a mate in your place up to 48 hours before your voyage if you really can’t sail.
Can you bring your miniature horse if it is a service animal?
Can I get a beverage package? Do I need a beverage package? How expensive are the drinks?
Virgin’s drink offering is impressive because it’s affordable. All beer is $5 to $6, cocktails are $9 and wines are under $10, and that includes a tip!
Most drink packages are absolutely rapacious for everyone except dedicated, 12-drinks-a-day-every-day drinkers.
Virgin doesn’t do that. The only thing they do is let you purchase a $300 prepaid bar tab, and they’ll top that off with an extra $50.